If you have a power of attorney that was signed at a notary in the Netherlands and you want to use it in the Czech Republic or other country, it must be apostilled directly in the Netherlands.
In this case, it was a power of attorney signed in the city of Ijmuiden in the Netherlands. We secured the apostille in The Hague (Den Haag).
Here, the principal authorizes the second person to enter into a purchase contract for the land and related legal acts in the transfer of real estate in Slovakia.
If the power of attorney was signed in the Netherlands, the land registry will require an apostille. Without the Apostille clause, the sale of real estate on the basis of such a power of attorney is not possible.
If you need to use such a document in the Czech Republic, the procedure is the same.
In this case, we were able to secure an apostille for a power of attorney, which was already written in the Slovak language.
What does the Apostille clause mean on a document?
Since the document was issued abroad, the local authorities must be sure that the document is genuine. In this case, this means that the notary is registered in the Netherlands in the local notary chamber. The competent authority records the signature patterns of every notary in the Netherlands and certifies the authenticity of the signature with the Apostille clause.
In general, if you want to use a notarized document abroad (verification of the signature on the document), you must notify the notary. In the Czech Republic, Slovakia and other countries, in such a case, only a notary or notary candidate can directly verify the signature, or in some countries the document is provided with additional clauses.
Why choose us when legalizing documents?
- The manager of the legalization center is also registered as a lawyer in the Czech and Slovak Bar Associations
- We provide apostille from almost all over the world
- We work with official translators, we can translate the document into any language and at fair prices
- We are aware that we work with sensitive information, documents are safe with us
- In the case of foreign documents, we first check the document to see if it is even possible to apostill it. This process may take 1-2 business days.
- If the document is not properly prepared so that it is possible to secure an apostille, we will suggest the correct procedure.
- If we do not return the document apostilled, you do not pay for our services. We guarantee 100% satisfaction.